2017/2018 Parent/Guardian Consent Form
I, being the parent/guardian of the child/children identified below, have read the information on this form and in the following notes give my consent for my child to take part in the junior coaching sessions organised and run by WaldenJNR.
I understand and agree that my child participates in coaching sessions under the instruction of British Triathlon Federation (“BTF”) coaches entirely at his/her own risk.
I have considered the nature of such sessions and have discussed them with my child. I am satisfied that they are sufficiently responsible and competent to assume full and entire responsibility for their own safety under the supervision of a BTF Coach.
I apply for my child/children to become a Junior Member of WaldenJNR and agree to pay the 2017/18 membership fee of £10 (or £5 if after 30th June 2018). In doing so I agree that my child will comply with the rules of the club and abide by the club’s code of conduct applicable to Junior Members. You will receive a PayPal e-mail invoice for the membership fee in due course.
- You are giving consent for the child named below to participate in coaching sessions.
- It is part of the Code of Practice for Triathlon Coaches to ensure that reasonable steps are taken to establish a safe environment where young participants can enjoy developing their triathlon skills. You are welcome to stay and watch sessions, but this is not mandatory.
- Participants must wear appropriate kit for all training sessions and always wear a cycle helmet while riding their bike.
- Any participants who persistently misbehave or put others in danger will be asked to leave the session and may not be allowed to attend in the future.
- Parents must advise the coach responsible for the session of any medical condition your child has and you feel the coach should know about.
- If you have any concerns about your child participating in any form of physical activity, please consult your GP before giving permission for your child to participate in the coaching session.
- Parents/guardians should respect the coaching timetable by i) arriving in good time so that a prompt start to the session is possible and ii) arriving to collect your child at the advertised finish time.
- If you are unable to attend a training session you are expected to inform the Group Leader, using the email address on the Group page of the website.
- If you have any concerns about the sessions or about your child’s welfare, please speak to the coaches or to the club’s Welfare Officer.